Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Whole Lot of B.S.: a poem about becca strang

Now sugar's my weakness because of you
Starbursts and Reese's, just to name two
But it brings me joy to nosh with you so
To talk about boys and hear what you know
To bike around town and jog by the lake
To laugh at each other and faux pas that we make
Oh, where had you been for twenty-plus years,
Hiding in hay-stacks and absent of tears?
Searching in mountains for men with red cheeks
Or living out stories of which you now speak?
And now we're together, and again we will be
Many more days to enjoy, you and me
For now let's remember the times that we've shared
And hold on tightly to the dreams we've compared
We drank our tea and whistled our tunes
We've shared our cake, but never our spoons
Good-byes are for wusses, and we aren't such twits
In matter of fact, we're proud of our wits
So this is my poem for Becca, my boo
Now sugar's my weakness, because you are too. 

1 comment: