Sunday, February 28, 2010


What is there to say? I am blessed. (Of course.) I am loved. (As all people are.) I am unique. (Is there any other kind of 'individual'?)
At the end of the day it can be hard to compose what you are thinking into a legible arrangement of words. I often search for topics to rant on and find myself mid-page with nothing being said. Sometimes there is too much to say that saying nothing at all seems to be more understandable.
Well tonight I have something to say. I don't know which words to use or how to properly fix them in order to form complete coherency, but I'm going to make an attempt. It starts with this: God is truth.
That's it.
I doubt. I'm probably the biggest doubter you'll ever meet. I find reasons to doubt and allow myself to trudge forward, thinking I'm hopeless. But you know what, I don't serve a God that entertains doubt for long. As hard as I may try to cling to sin or force my mind to find a reason to stray from the faith, the Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf and turns my face toward the very thing I tried desperately to avoid--truth.
It's beautiful, really. I serve a beautiful God. I serve a God that says, "You will be given a cross to bear, but my strength and miracles will be shown through it." I serve a God that says I will never be too far out of His reach. No amount of doubt or difficulty will overcome my mustard seed faith.
Tonight I've returned to my destiny. I've seen the God I serve. Tonight I live. That's pretty much it. But that's all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment